Design Lighting’s PRODUCT RETURN POLICY
Design Lighting exists to make spaces right and people happy. Where customers are dissatisfied with their purchased products, customers can return items with a few conditions.
Products purchased at Design Lighting may be returned by the customer and a credit given for the purchase price of the product under the following conditions:
- Within 30 days of sale (invoice date)
- Not installed (no cut wires), assembled or modified
- Original packaging, packaged as new
- Resalable condition, with no missing parts
- Not a Custom Order or marked ‘Final Sale’
Returns must be approved by the Design Lighting Sales Associate and may be subject to a Restocking Fee. The Restocking Fee is set by the manufacturer and typically ranges from 25 to 50% of the purchase price.
Final Sale Items
Final Sale Items are marked ‘Final Sale’ on the invoice. These typically include:
- Product taken from display
- Items heavily discounted
- Any custom or built-to-order items
- Independent parts, including glass and shades
Cancellation of an Order
Products that have been ordered and have not been shipped from Design Lighting or from the manufacture may be eligible for cancellation. Once any part of an order has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled, rerouted or redirected. Email email@example.com, SUBJECT: For Cancellation [Invoice Number] to obtain approval for cancellation.
Products purchased at Design Lighting can be returned by the customer and a credit given for the cost of the product if the product is damaged on delivery to the customer. The customer must notify Design Lighting within 7 days of purchase.
The warranty period for goods supplied by Design Lighting is 1 year from date of purchase. This warranty period may be longer in some special cases, subject to the warranty conditions set by the manufacture.
Design Lighting is not responsible for any installation or removal costs for defective or damaged items.
To Complete a Return:
- Let Design Lighting know: If the product is eligible for return, email Design Lighting at firstname.lastname@example.org, SUBJECT: For Return [Invoice Number] to obtain approval for return. Alternatively, return items in store to our Showroom along with receipt for inspection by staff.
- Shipping product back: If product is shipped back to Design Lighting, shipping costs must be covered by the customer and a tracking number must be provided to email@example.com, SUBJECT: For Return [Invoice Number]. The customer is responsible for the returned product until it is received by our Design Lighting staff.
- Inspection. Once the returned product is received by Design Lighting staff, the product will be inspected by staff to ensure it is eligible for return.
- Refund:Customers will be refunded for the original purchase price within 14 days of receipt of items, less the Restocking Fee if applicable, via the same method in which the item was purchased from Design Lighting.